Friday, June 1, 2012

Showing Up

Sunset over Puerto Vallarta, acrylic on Canvas, 24x36, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

Sometimes I get lucky... lucky to go on an amazing vacation, and watch night after night of incredible sunsets.  And even years later, I close my eyes and I am in that hot tub on the beach, cocktail in hand, with my husband, watching the greatest show on earth.

Sometimes I get lucky... by setting up and showing up - out pours a painting as if by magic!  And I am purely the go-between that is mixing and moving the paint.

This painting literally exploded out of me. 
Last night it left me exhausted and conflicted.  
This morning I saw it with fresh eyes and attitude.  I went back to the easel this morning and painted from the heart, from what I felt, from the experience... and less from the literal.

I finished.  
I am pleased.
I feel very lucky indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment