Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rapunzel II and the 2 strand twists

"Rapunzel II", watercolor and ink on paper, 8x10, copyright Erin Rogers Pickering

My art director (my 5yr old) on this project has pronounced her finished!  Actually screamed and squealed when she saw it!  And, she won't let me touch her with another drop of paint.  

She believes it's perfect as is.  I appreciate that!  Normally I would have to be the one who proclaims a painting complete (Ok, I always decide when its complete) but for this project I let go and followed her direction.  My gut said to go with her gut,  so the background will not be painted... and am very happy with the finished piece.  And enjoyed the process of following her direction.

The original will hang in her room, the prints are available in my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment